Hi Everyone
Today I wanted to write about a book that is fast becoming one of my new favourites. It is biography of Warren Buffet called “The Snowball” I have only had this book for about 5 days now and only reached the 93rd page after begining to read it on the plane flight to and from the Fast Web Formula 2 conference in Sydney. I have heard from my father that is a quite dry read and I agree with him for the first 50-60 pages it could be considered a dry read if you don’t want to hear about the early life of Warren Buffet.
You can purchase the book here from Amazon Warren Buffet – The Snowball

However to me I am facinated by at such a young age Warren was a serial entrepreneur at heart. By page 31 I was already highlighting some golden nuggets that really stuck with me and have got me hooked into this book that my partner is complaining that I am coming to be too late. I found it quite amusing that he was reading Dale Carnegies book “How to win friends and influence people” way back then and still the same methods still apply in life today from that book. I used the same methods when I was networking in Sydney and it worked a charm. As for the moment this is my review on Warren Buffets book but I will be sure to add some more as I read the next 100 pages.
UPDATE: 22 September 2010
I am now cruizing along this book like driving a car on the highway, the more I read the harder it is for me to put down! As of week 2 I have reached page 200. I am now 1/4th of the way through the book and loving it. In the past 100 pages there where parts about how analytical minded Warren was even in his younger age. From pinball machines to the still thriving golf ball business in which he pulled pranks on an unkowing student to stealing supplies from the local golf store it’s all there. What has really got me hooked on this book is Warren ability to be unmoved by anything around him. He sets his mind to it and it gets done. The only downside to Warren’s lide is he lacks social skills and a social life as in the book he is constantly researching and analysing stock data even at the ripe age of 21. in the later of the 100 pages Warren begins to set up his own business / partnership in which people are able to invest money. The Funny but smart part is that he tells them straight up that they will have no access to this money for a year and that he will not tell them what he is investing in. Thats pretty guttsy for a 26 year old to tell senior comapny/business owners. Still this far into the book Warren dresses poorly and is very frugal with his money as he often looks at what he could have made with that money in the future. The best example of this is when he bought a house for $40,000 and said to him that was really worth about $2 milllion just because that is what he would have made on that money in the future.
Well thats my summary so far keep checking back by next week I should have the next 100 pages summarised, maybe sooner I really cannot put this book down!
Leave a comment about if your liked the book or not, or if you like my review I am always happy to hear!
[DOWNLOAD]http://www.mediafire.com/?95c5glkgsoldlat[/DOWNLOAD]​
pass: chiaseit.org​